July 18, 2019 | Category: Announcement
TO: Faculty and Staff, All campuses
FROM: Department of Public Safety & Tufts Technology Services
We would like to inform you of important changes that will take effect at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, July 24, 2019 as Tufts continues its upgrade of the university-wide phone system and its transitions to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).
Remains the same:
- For campus emergencies (including fires), dial 617-627-6911 to reach the Tufts University Police Department.
- To report fires on the Boston Health Sciences and SMFA campuses, please call 911.
- For non-emergency University Police matters or questions, please call 617-627-3030.
- If you dial 911 from a Tufts VoIP phone, your call will be directed to the local 911 Public Safety Answering Point (city/town police, fire, or EMS) in the city or town where the call is placed.
- Please be prepared to confirm your location, including your street address and city/town. If you are not sure what the street address is for your building on campus, consult your campus map.
- Tufts University Police will be made aware that you have called 911 and will also respond and offer any assistance needed, as well as coordinate with city/town first responders.
- Please do not dial 911 for university issues or questions, including power outages, building or campus issues, or access to buildings.
These changes are required to comply with Enhanced 911 (e911) state regulations.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact the TTS Service Desk at 617-627-3376 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your attention to this matter.