November 30, 2018 | Category: Announcement
TO: Faculty and Staff, All campuses
FROM: Office of the Executive VP
Reserve Tufts will provide a one-stop shopping experience for room reservations and event planning.
In response to University-wide feedback about the challenges with reserving space and planning events, Tufts will be launching an upgraded EMS system that will provide:
- Comprehensive Inventory of Reservable Space: All classrooms, common areas, meeting rooms and study rooms will be included in Reserve Tufts for faculty, staff, and students to easily search by space feature, determine availability, and request a reservation
- One-Stop Shopping Experience for Event Planning: With the submission of a space reservation request, users will eventually be able to order additional event services, such as: Catering, AV services, Event Setup services, Police Detail, etc.
- Accurate and Up-to-Date Space Information: Each space will have detailed and accurate information regarding use policies, amenities, setup options, and contact information
- Integration with Outlook: Space and event reservations can be made through Outlook and changes to meeting / event details will translate seamlessly to the space reservation
Please note, current space use policies will be reflected in Reserve Tufts at its onset. For restricted- or managed-access spaces, users will submit a request and the point of contact for that space will approve requests based on availability and policies.
Reserve Tufts roll-out will occur in phases, tackling each campus one at a time over the next year:
- Information Collection Begins | December '18
- System Launch | March '19
- Information Collection Begins | March '19
- System Launch | July '19
- Information Collection Begins | July '19
- System Launch | November '19
*includes Medical Campus and SMFA
To gather and validate the information for each reservable space, a survey will be sent to the primary point of contact to request critical space information (e.g., space policies, amenities, setup options). Surveys will be launched later this week in Medford/Somerville.
For more information and answers to frequently asked questions, visit AccessTufts.