October 5, 2018 | Category: Announcement
TO: Faculty and Staff, Boston and Medford campuses
FROM: The Office of Equal Opportunity
Tufts University is committed to providing a safe and positive workplace for all students, staff and faculty. In order to help achieve this goal and to comply with university, state and federal policies and regulations, Tufts’ Office of Equal Opportunity provides training regarding discrimination and harassment prevention that is mandatory to all staff, faculty (full-time, part-time, temporary), and student employees WHO ARE NEW TO TUFTS OR HAVE NOT ALREADY ATTENDED.
The most recent cycle of University-wide Discrimination and Harassment Prevention workshops took place in July of 2018. We are opening registration for sessions on the Medford and Boston campuses at the end of this month.
Dates and locations for workshops are:
Friday, October 26, 9:30 a.m.—noon (Session #0036) and 2—4:30 p.m. (Session #0037) (both in Paige Hall, Crane Room)
Monday, October 29, 9:30 a.m.—noon (Session #0038--in Sackler 221) and 2—4:30 p.m. (Session #0039--in the Dental School CE Classroom)
The workshop takes place in a confidential learning environment, covering the following topics:
- Sexual misconduct policy
- Non-discrimination policy
- Americans with Disabilities Act and other Accommodation policies
- Other Tufts discrimination and harassment prevention policies
All employees have a responsibility to address and prevent discrimination and harassment at Tufts. Thank you for your support of this effort and for your compliance in fulfilling this mandatory requirement.
Sign up for this 2.5 hour workshop in eServe (instructions below)
If you are unsure if you have attended this training you can review the trainings you have attended by following steps 1—3 in the instructions below, and clicking on "Training Summary."
How to sign up in eServe:
- Log in to Employee Self Services (eServe). [Remember: You can now login using the same User ID and Password you use for other university systems, such as email, SIS, VPN, etc.]
- Select "Self Service" on the left of the screen
- Select "Learning and Development" [Note: student employees, temporary staff members and some faculty members may not see the Learning and Development in their Self Services section. If this is the case, please contact OEO (see below)]
- Select "Request Training Enrollment"
- Search for Course Number: OEO-UN and select the session
- Once you sign up for the session, you will receive an automated email confirmation of your registration
For assistance regarding login information or for assistance with on-line enrollment, please email OEOTraining@tufts.edu or call 617-627-3298.