January 26, 2018 | Category: Announcement
TO: Faculty and Staff, All campuses
FROM: The Office of Equal Opportunity
Dear Staff & Faculty Members,
Tufts University is committed to providing a safe and positive workplace for all students, staff and faculty. In order to help achieve this goal and to comply with university, state and federal policies and regulations, Tufts’ Office of Equal Opportunity provides mandatory training regarding discrimination and harassment prevention. All staff and faculty (full-time, part-time, temporary) and student employees who have not already attended, are required to participate.
The Discrimination and Harassment Prevention training workshop will be offered each semester on each campus to ensure that new employees and existing employees who have not yet attended this training are able to fulfill this mandatory requirement.
Each training session is 2.5 hours long. This semester, sessions will be offered as follows:
- Grafton (3 sessions) February 12 – Jean Mayer Administration Building, Rm. 217
- Medford (2 sessions) March 5 – 200 Boston Avenue, Charles River Room in HR
- Boston (2 sessions) March 12 – Sackler, Rm. 114 West
Trainings will take place in a confidential learning environment that includes a lecture, small group discussions, and activities. The following topics and related Tufts policies will be covered:
- Sexual misconduct and prevention, including policies
- Forms of discrimination and harassment prevention, including policies
- Reasonable accommodation and the Americans with Disabilities Act, including policies
- Retaliation prevention
- Reporting Obligations: who, what, where and how to report http://oeo.tufts.edu/wp-content/uploads/FacultyStaff-One-Sheeter-Update-8.17.162.pdf
- Employee Resources and Supports: Employee Assistance Program https://access.tufts.edu/get-work-done/benefits-resources/benefit2018/other2018/emp-assist-nxtyr
Please register for a training session via EServe (instructions below). If you do not have access to Learning and Development in EServe, or for assistance with registration, please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity at 617.627.3298 or via email at OEOTraining@tufts.edu.
As participation in the training is mandatory, individuals who cannot participate in one of the sessions offered on their campus will need to attend an alternate session when offered at other campuses. Note: Any session with less than ten people registered will be cancelled. Those who signed up for that session will be notified about the cancelation via email two days prior to the date of the session.
All employees have a responsibility to address and prevent discrimination and harassment at Tufts. Thank you for your support of this effort and for your compliance.
OEO Executive Director
Title IX Coordinator and 504 Officer
How to sign up in EServe:
- Log in to Employee Self Services (EServe): https://hrss.uit.tufts.edu/ [Remember: You can now login using the same User ID and Password you use for other university systems, such as email, SIS, VPN etc.]
- Select ‘Self Service’ on the left of the screen
- Select ‘Learning and Development’ [Note: student employees, temporary staff members and some faculty members may not see the Learning and Development in their Self Services section. If this is the case please contact OEO (see below).]
- Select ‘Request Training Enrollment’
- Search by Course Number: OEO-UN
- Make your selection (location depends on training date)
- Once you sign up for a session, you will receive an automated email confirmation of your registration.
For assistance regarding login information or for assistance with on-line enrollment such as changing an already scheduled session, please email at OEOTraining@tufts.edu or call at 617-627-3298.