November 17, 2017 | Category: Announcement
TO: Faculty and Staff, Medford/Somerville
Facilities Event Planning Practices 101
Have an event? We are here to help you with a few easy reminders when submitting a facilities work order request.
1. Dept Id: Is the #1 required field to hold your event. Ensure this field is filled out prior to submission.
2. Details Field – Please provide a clear and complete scope of your event. This allows us to understand the needs and expectations for a successful outcome.
3. Attachments – Attaching a layout or agenda provides a clear visual and concept of your event.
4. Start Date/Time – Please include the exact start date/time and end date/time.
5. Three business days or sooner – In order to process your request, we require three business day from date of event.
Helpful Tips & Common Questions:
• One is all you need! Only one work order request is needed for your event. (Does not apply to mega university events such as commencement; orientation) If there are more than one locations needed, simply provide the additional spaces in the details field of your work order request.
• Cancellations/changes/additions: Please Do not send in another work order request, just email to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Event Venue Locked? Call Campus Police.
• How far in advance should I be submitting my work order request? Best practice is the earlier the better or when reserving space:
Suggested timeline for submitting facilities work orders
Nature & size of event #of weeks/months
Small Events (with one location) 1 week
Medium Events (with two locations: conference, reception etc) 3 weeks
Large Events (Multiple breakouts: symposiums, conferences) 1 month
Mega Events (using interior and exterior locations) 2 - 12 months
Tufts Facilities Events Team