August 28, 2017 | Category: Announcement
TO: Faculty and Staff, All campuses
We are pleased to announce the launch of the new SMFA website. Work on this undertaking began shortly after Tufts’ acquisition of the School of the Museum of Fine Arts, with the goal of building a website that places art students front and center to tell the story of SMFA at Tufts.
Since its beginning, SMFA has been a small art school that encourages big out-of-the-box thinking. Its studio arts programs are interdisciplinary, encouraging students to explore artistic ideas across mediums without declaring a major. When you explore the new site, you will see full-screen imagery of final art work, pieces in process, and art-making across mediums, mirroring what one finds on SMFA at Tufts’ Fenway campus.
The new SMFA site features:
- Quotes from SMFA students about their artistic practice and experience at SMFA
- Photography from two on-campus photoshoots, both artist portraits and process imagery
- BFA microsite that features an interactive way of exploring the undergraduate program through student stories
- MFA microsite that offers a professional landing page, targeting the established artist
In addition, the new website supports:
- a dedicated Continuing Education section with easy class registration
- highly visual Exhibition pages that showcase large imagery and information, including associated artist talks or events
- An Advancement section that support initiatives such as the Medal Award Gala and the Art Sale
We would like to thank our partners at Studio Mercury for helping us realize our vision, and Ariana Shirzadi of Tufts' A&S Communications, who managed the project and dedicated enormous time and energy to bringing the new SMFA website to life.