Respecting Your Identity: NEW Zoom Pronouns Feature
Zoom has announced a NEW feature -- pronouns! This new feature -- which has been turned on at Tufts -- allows you to manage and add your preferred pronouns in Zoom more easily.
Enabling pronouns allows our community to express themselves and build a broader sense of inclusion.
To add your pronouns, you need to:
- Be on the latest version of Zoom 5.7.0. Tufts Zoom users should always keep their Zoom client up to date as Zoom changes and enhances features and security on an ongoing basis. To check if your Zoom client is up to date:
- Click on your profile top right in the Zoom client
- Scroll down to check for updates
- If an update exists, accept, and install it.
- Go to your profile page and enter your pronouns in the custom text field. Then, choose how and when they are shared during Zoom Meetings and Zoom Video Webinars.
To learn more about this new feature and using Zoom, check out these resources:
- New! More Easily Add and Manage Your Pronouns in Zoom (Zoom Blog article)
- Adding and Sharing Your Pronouns (Zoom Help Center article)
- Audio and Virtual Conferencing with Zoom (Tufts online guide)
- Account Profiles and Settings (Tufts online guide)
- Zoom Security @ Tufts (Quick guide)
If you have general questions about using Zoom, please contact the 24/7 TTS Service Desk at 617.627.3376 or email@example.com. For issues specific about the pronoun feature, contact the Educational Technology Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.