December 15, 2016 | Category: Announcement
TO: Faculty and Staff, All campuses
FROM: Betsy Isenstein
Help save energy and money over the holidays!
Before you leave for the holidays (and every other day), please take a moment to turn off all unnecessary energy using equipment in and around your area.
- Turn off computers, monitors and printers
- Turn off lights
- Close windows
- If you are using a supplementary space heater, turn it off
- Turn off radios, coffee machines, and fans
- Unplug cell phone, camera and other chargers
- Close fume hoods
- If the heating thermostat in your area is accessible, turn it down to 55 degrees. Remember, when you return, your work area may be colder than usual. Simply turn the thermostat up to a more comfortable setting – about 68 degrees.