EndNote X6 Software Volume Purchase
- April 24, 2013
- All Faculty and Staff
- Debbie Nanni
- EndNote is desktop software used by many faculty and staff to search online bibliographic databases, organize references, and create bibliographies. EndNote X6 for Windows and Mac is now available and Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is coordinating a volume purchase. Licenses acquired as part of this purchase are licensed by workstation and available to university employees only.
The volume license cost for a single new EndNote Version X6 license will be no higher than $109; however, depending on the number of licenses we purchase, pricing for new licenses could be significantly lower. Upgrades for existing EndNote licenses will cost approximately $50 to $55.
To order licenses:
* Determine how many new licenses and/or upgrades you want to purchase. (Departments may want to consider purchasing extra licenses to cover new hires.)
* Verify with your department or funding source that adequate funds are available to cover the license price.
* Send a completed, signed IDR to your campus software coordinator at the address shown in the list below. The IDR needs to specify how many new EndNote X5 (Windows and/or Mac) licenses you wish to purchase and how many license upgrades (Windows and/or Mac) you wish to purchase. Leave the total dollar amount blank. The amount will be filled in by your campus software coordinator once all IDRs have been received, and we determine the final price per license.
* As with any software purchase, check with your Frontline Support Provider (FSP) before submitting your order to ensure that your computer can run EndNote. (FSP contact information can be found at http://it.tufts.edu/fsp).
IDRs must be received by the software coordinators no later than the end of day on Friday, May 10, 2013. Allow four to eight weeks for the order to be processed and for media to be shipped. Media and any license keys will be sent to software coordinators for distribution. You can reach the software coordinator for your campus at the following addresses.
1. Grafton Campus: firstname.lastname@example.org (ITS, Grafton)
2. Medford/Somerville Campus (except Central Admin.): Tony.Sulprizio@tufts.edu (126 Curtis St., Medford/Somerville)
3. Central Administration: email@example.com (TTS Client Support Center, Academic Computing Building, 35 Lower Campus Road Medford)
4. Medical, Sackler and Friedman Schools: firstname.lastname@example.org (OIT, M&V Building, Suite 248, 136 Harrison Ave, Boston)
5. HNRCA: email@example.com (711 Washington Street, Rm. 914, Boston)
6. Dental: firstname.lastname@example.org (Dental Health School, 1 Kneeland, Boston)
7. HHSL staff only: HHSL-ITS@tufts.edu (Please use the HHSL email address.)
If you have any questions about this purchase, please contact your campus software coordinator or me via email@example.com.
Tufts Emergency Alert System
In an emergency the university will attempt to communicate with the community through a variety of methods. Use of the latest available technology provides us with several ways to reach community members through public postings, information hotlines, and an Emergency Alert System integrating telephone, text messaging and email.