Tufts’ Effectiveness in Administrative Management (TEAM) Project Update
- February 27, 2013
- All Faculty and Staff
- Patricia L. Campbell, Executive Vice President
On behalf of the TEAM Project, I would like to thank everyone who has shared their thoughts and insights to improve administrative effectiveness at Tufts. These conversations have spanned all three campuses, including meetings with more than 140 managers and staff, more than 30 faculty and deans, and 12 senior administrators to date.
We will be hosting open input sessions for faculty members in Medford, Boston, and Grafton in the coming weeks. We hope to have strong attendance at these open input sessions to hear from faculty about their ideas, questions, and concerns related to administrative effectiveness and efficiency. Please watch for upcoming announcements about these sessions with the details on topics, dates, times, and locations. Sessions scheduled so far include:
- February 28: Boston Campus, Rachel’s Amphitheater – 12:00 pm-1:30 pm
- March 5: Medford Campus, Coolidge Room – 12:00 pm-1:30 pm
- March 14: Medford Campus, Coolidge Room – 12:00 pm-1:30 pm
- Date TBD: Grafton Campus
In addition to these open input sessions, the Deloitte consultants will also continue their scheduled attendance at faculty meetings:
- February 28: School of Dental Medicine
- February 28: School of Medicine
- March 6: School of Arts and Sciences
- March 6: School of Engineering
- March 28: Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy
We look forward to sharing the results of our analysis with the Tufts community in the weeks ahead. In the meantime, we continue to welcome your thoughts and input via the TEAM website http://evp.tufts.edu/administrative-initiatives/team.
Tufts Emergency Alert System
In an emergency the university will attempt to communicate with the community through a variety of methods. Use of the latest available technology provides us with several ways to reach community members through public postings, information hotlines, and an Emergency Alert System integrating telephone, text messaging and email.